historic hotel updated for the 21st century
The Commodore occupies a 1925-structure in the heart of the Astoria Downtown Historic District. Designed by John E. Wicks, Astoria's most influential architect, the hotel operated from 1925 until 1968, first as the Barton Inn Hotel and then as the Commodore. Shuttered for 40 years, the Commodore reopened in 2009 after a $1.5 million renovation. Retaining the original doors, windows, woodwork, and fixtures―all meticulously rehabilitated―the Commodore has been thoroughly updated to the highest standards of contemporary design and construction.